[thelist] Hiding images (no right click?)

Bryce bryce at popped.com
Tue Oct 16 22:24:45 CDT 2001

We did a site for a photgrapher that was super paranoid about people
stealing his images. He shot alot of stuff for FHM etc. and he didn't like
seeing his pictures on homemade porn sites. We tried to explain that there
was no real way around this since there is a way around everything if you
want it bad enough.

Anyway we used a product from http://www.safemedia.com/ called Safeimage.
You order the software and tell them what domain the images will be used on.
They send you this little command line utility. You use this utility and it
basically places you image in Java Applet that can only be viewed from the
correct domain.  It added about 3K to each picture and you had the extra
slowness of Java but overall it was not that bad.

The photographer switched his site to flash so I'm not sure how this works
with the newest browsers.

Bryce