[thelist] Hosting advice for large photo gallery/professional photo organisation site

Tony Page zamba at zamba.com
Tue Oct 16 23:10:37 CDT 2001

The site (www.acmp.com.au) belongs to the professional photographers
association in Australia is shortly to be expanded to contain a large
archive of photographs (approximately 400-500 megs). This will be added
to to the tune of 70 megs each year. As this will really be an archive,
the bandwidth used by the site will not be very big.
The current unix host in Australia is quoting AUD325 a month for 500
megs and frankly provides very little other than access.
I've had a look round and can find very little in Australia that gives
me much confidence or costs less, and so I'm now considering hosting
elsewhere. I have a site on media3.net which appears to be OK as far as
speed/response is concerned, but would like to know if anybody has any
suggestions worth investigating. As I have a few domains on the current
host, I'd certainly be considering moving them too.

Tony Page

      [ZambaGrafix]
   <websites that work>
tel: +61 2 9953 4425