[thelist] Hiding images (no right click?)

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 04:13:39 CDT 2001

>Sometime ago I came across a site that was using a neat technique to
>stop people from saving (stealing??) the image files.
>I think it used layers but I can't quite remember...I bookmarked the
>site but it seems to have gone offline..:P
>Can anybody tell me if there is such technique and how to implement it?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?improt.html

is my best shot at this. It doesn't use layers but tries to disable
right/ctrl click on images. As many have already pointed out, this technique
is in no way fail-safe.

However, I think that the real purpose of a no-right-click script is not to
truly prevent theft of images but to reassure the client that you're doing
all the possible to protect his copyright.

ppk