[thelist] Help required.

Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com Rory.Plaire at wahchang.com
Wed Oct 17 12:20:16 CDT 2001

Mahesh has been waiting for the answer to:

|   How do I see the Version of ASP which I am currently using
| in Win NT4

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks for the question. It's a little hard to answer, because Microsoft
really doesn't make the version of ASP too important. That is, not until
.NET (v 4.0).

Basically, if you do a

<%
response.write(request.servervariables("SERVER_SOFTWARE"))
%>

...you will get a reply from which you can then deduct the following:

IIS version 5.x: you are running ASP v 3.0
IIS version 4: you are running ASP v 2.x (depends on patches?)
IIS version 3: you are running ASP v 1.0x

This may not be exactly correct, but I assume that you are using the
information to determine what kind of intrinsic objects you have at your
disposal, right? The above chart will give you what you need, in that case.
HTH!

<rory disposition="in service" alt="8)"/>