[thelist] PHP: What does #IND mean?

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.com
Wed Oct 17 16:46:46 CDT 2001

It's crashing on pow((-5.8-4),(2/3))

This means you cannot take the 2/3 power of a negative number.  We all know
from basic math that you can do it, simply square the number first and take
the cubic root.  But, the processing engine is failing, unfortunately
because of the way it validates the POW statement.

Excel fails on this too, only you write it (-5.8-4)^(2/3) in excel, and it
gives #NUM, which is the same error, essentially.

Good luck,
-joshua