[thelist] your opinion solicited on coding specs I requested from contractor

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Wed Oct 17 20:14:30 CDT 2001

At 4:30 PM -0700 10/17/01, you wrote:

>Any glaringly stupid requirements? Am I missing anything really important?
>(The last group claimed this was perfectly acceptable, then delivered
>something which was pretty close but didn't work in Netscape, so they blew
>away all concept of modular code and copied and pasted 15k chunks into every
>page to get the navigation to work; therefore, I don't have a real feel for
>whether or not this works in the real world.)

Were you asking whether it's cool to ask for standards or did you
want us to look at the standards you were going to ask for and review
them?

If it was the former, I don't see any problem with it.  Great idea,
in fact, if they'll work with it.

If it was the later, well...you kind of forgot to include them in the
body of the mail.

;)

I'd like to see it.

bob