[thelist] URGENT! Mac Javascript Problem.

R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk R.Livsey at cache-22.co.uk
Thu Oct 18 03:52:25 CDT 2001

Help! This is urgent as I need to fix this this morning or I will get shot!

Ive been reported a problem with the code below.
Works fine on IE5 Windows, but doesnt work on the Mac (probably not on
Netscape etc either) but as Im not at the office I cant check on any other
computer and only have IE windows here.

function news_check()
{
    x = true;
    if (document.news_form.action[1].checked)
    {
        x = confirm("Are you sure you want to delete this news item?");
    }
    if (x)
    {
        news_form.submit();
    }
}

What would be the correct way of doing this cross browser/platform?
What it should do is look at a radio button on a page. there are 2, edit and
delete. If delete is checked, then it pops up the confirm box then submits,
otherwise just submits the form.

R.Livsey