[thelist] Best Find Orphaned Files tools?

John Eckman eckman at liquidsquid.com
Thu Oct 18 10:07:19 CDT 2001

What are y'all using to find "orphaned" files in sites? (html or image
files which are in directories but not called by any of page in the site)

I understand Dreamweaver and Front Page both do this, but HomeSite doesn't.

There oughta be an open source Perl script or something.

I'd be especially interested in shareware/freeware solutions, though
commercial software is fine too, so long as it isn't hugely expensive.

If you want to respond to me off-list, I will summarize results back to the
list.

Thanks

John

John Eckman                     "It'd be a hell of a lot cheaper
www.liquidsquid.com             to just suck on a penny"