[thelist] Blurry Web Page

Kristy Frey kristenannfrey at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 13:28:45 CDT 2001

> empty-cells: show do? Never seen that one before....
>

> Ah ha! Your TD has font-size: 0.8 em. I bet that's the bugger.

Ya know, i got this book "Cascading Style Sheets - Designing for the Web" second edition by Hakon
Wium Lie and Bert Bos.

The book even has what looks like the W3C stamp of approval

So anyway, the book lists empty-cells as the property "that makes it possible to suppress borders
if the cell has no content" (property = hide).  I dont want to suppress them, so i set it to show.
 Which apparently does nothing!  All my cells with no content have suppressed borders on ie5.5
anyway!  I might as well take it out...

font-size: 0.8 em
Is there a better way...  I'd like the font size in cells to be slightly smaller than the font
size selected by the user in the browser .8em should do it...