[thelist] zope cms implementations?

george gsd at mac.com
Fri Oct 19 21:38:50 CDT 2001

hey, thanks for the kind words.

You can try browsing through the CMF site howtos's:
http://cmf.zope.org/doc

and this:
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/beehive/ZWACKChap5.html/view

but generally zope does have that documentation problem where things get
implemented and distributed and the docs are not much of a priority.

the basic page layout is defined in the portal_skins tool and the convention
is to create a standard_html_header and a standard_html_footer which will
contain the basic template and then include them at the top and bottom,
respectively, of all your pages with <dtml-var standard_html_header> or
footer as the case is.

and then the default view for example for a newsitem is i think
newsitem_view and you can customize this. same for the other content types.
the hard part is sometimes searching for all the methods that make up
things.

and this architecture is not documented AFAIK. I went thru the methods and
figured it out for myself. didnt take too long :-)

ZPT might be of interest to you. i havent taken the time to check it out
yet.
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/ZPT

good luck with the zope experience!

un abrazo,
george
http://cyklotron.com/
cyklotron: a gringo in medellin, colombia