[thelist] Fraction/decimal in CSS font size - Can you confirm?

Uman Madiprasojo uman at studiomojo.com
Sun Oct 21 22:58:04 CDT 2001

Folks,

I found that declaring 10px-size Geneva font in IE 5.X looks tiny & nice
but in NS 4.7X went illegible for being pixelated too small. When I
replace the size to 11px instead of 10px caused the IE version to appear
larger than before but in NS 4.7X exactly the way I wanted it as in IE
with 10px. Here's the punch: when I entered 9.5px size, it looks the
exactly same in IE and NS (now there's a tip!).

The question is: Is there any warning of using fraction/decimal/unround
numbers in CSS font size? Since it works great but I'd like to know if
anyone outthere notice this problem. I might do a javascript eval
procedure identifying browser and then specifying which size I should
set but that would render the page useless with the JS off. Please
advise.

TIA,

Uman Madiprasojo
www.studiomojo.com