[thelist] Error Previewing XHTML in IE5-Mac

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Mon Oct 22 16:02:06 CDT 2001

 >Thanks for your advice. It does work if I remove the <?xml?> line. I'm just
 >leery of removing that for a preview and forgetting to add it back in, and
 >it's weird that I don't have a problem with the other browsers (including
 >IE4.5)!

I have a more verbose explanation at home, but basically:

  - IE treats files served off the hard drive different
    than files served over a live internet connection.

I also remember something about how the language encoding is handled
different (which causes that "invalid" error message you get when
previewing locally).

I ran into this whilst working on AmphetaDesk [1] - if you want the more
verbose explanation, lemme know and I'll send it when I get home.

[1] http://www.disobey.com/amphetadesk/

--
Morbus Iff ( softcore vulcan porn rulezzzzz )
http://www.disobey.com/ && http://www.gamegrene.com/