[thelist] your opinion solicited on coding specs I requested fromcontractor

Tara Cleveland taracc at home.com
Tue Oct 23 09:56:13 CDT 2001

Particularly as the presentational styling may change at a later
date, and you really, really don't want to have to go through all
your pages and change your markup from

Its a bit funny that you say this, because I think it depends on what you are
doing. As I said before, at my old job, I was designing applications and it
was more likely that the function or logical bit would change than the
presentation. So for instance, we knew from the beginning what the application
looked like, but over the course of development, as client and other input was
added, the functions would change, but not the style. Therefore, it was better
to use presentational names than logical names. But I can see, now that you
point it out why that wouldn't be true for every project. I guess (like many
things in the web world) it depends on what it is that you are doing and who
you are doing it for.

Tara Cleveland