[thelist] Shopping cart combo subscription based content

April april at farstrider.org
Wed Oct 24 12:07:24 CDT 2001

Hi all,

I'm looking for a pre-packaged setup which will let us charge people to
access information.  Not just a "member's only" section, but multiple pages
and sections, each of which they have to pay to access.  After paying to
access whichever sections they want (so, it'd need to be a shopping cart,
too),  they would have access to that section for 30 days or a year or
whatever we decided on.

Has anyone ever heard of something like that?  Or know of something we
could adapt to our needs with a light amount of coding?  Open Source would
be lovely, but we could stomach a hefty price tag if the software was that
good.  Any language will do, but ASP is preferable.

(yes, I know I probably just asked for the impossible, but after the
personnel cuts around here if we don't do it pre-packaged I don't think we
could do it at all).