[thelist] view-source links /* was OT bottle opener */

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Oct 25 13:10:53 CDT 2001

Richard Bennett wrote:

> I was wondering as I opened a nice cold bottle of Belgian beer,

/* oh, man, got the tastebuds going here, and it's only 11am ...
   but back to the technical stuff :-)
 */

> <tip type=javascript>
> Need a quick "view source" link on your website?

If you're using JavaScript to manipulate link properties, NS6.1
at least will throw an exception when it sees "view-source" as
a protocol; use (in, say, a for() loop) something like

    try
    {
        if ( thisLink.protocol == "view-source:" )
        {
            continue;
        }
    }
    catch (oops)
    {
        ; // just ignore for now
    }

> </tip>

FWIW!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --