[thelist] view-source links /* was OT bottle opener */

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Thu Oct 25 13:54:23 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan at webtuitive.com>
> If you're using JavaScript to manipulate link properties, NS6.1
> at least will throw an exception when it sees "view-source" as
> a protocol; use (in, say, a for() loop) something like
>
>     try
>     {
>         if ( thisLink.protocol == "view-source:" )
>         {
>             continue;
>         }
>     }
>     catch (oops)
>     {
>         ; // just ignore for now
>     }

Actually I tested it, and found that
view-source:http://www.evolt.org
is working in Mozilla, NS6.01, NS4.7, IE6 and IE5.5.
I didn't have time to check them all on a link in a website though, you
might be right there.
Wouldn't using try/catch cause an error in older browsers itself though?
Isn't that only implemented in Javascript 1.5?

Richard.
www.richardinfo.com