[thelist] Syntax error

Eric Stanton eric at electronhosting.com
Sat Oct 27 04:59:03 CDT 2001

Hello List,

I am working on a dynamic shopping cart for a customer.  Using ASP, Java,
Javascript.  We use a search page "search.asp" that throws variables to
"Search_Results.asp"  and displays records from an access DB. Search_
Results.asp displays the first 10 records as it should. But open click the
link to retrieve the next 10 records I get the following error:

"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in
query expression 'Depth = And subcatCategoryId = AND LEFT(CatHierarchy,3) =
'vID''.

/SFLib/incSearchResult.asp, line 169 "

This is the block of code the error refers too.

 <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=JavaScript>
     <!--
     function drillmore(vId)
        {
        //window.document.Drilldown.subcat.options(
        //alert(vId);

//alert(document.Drilldown.subcat.options[document.Drilldown.subcat.options.
selectedIndex].value);
         if(vId != "Drill me")
         {
          document.drilMe.subcat.value =vId
          document.drilMe.submit()
         }
       }
     //-->
       </SCRIPT>

I apologize I feel it is
something really simple that I just can't see. I would appreciate any help
you could offer.
Eric