[thelist] Any PDF Pro's?????

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Sat Oct 27 12:27:05 CDT 2001

On 27 Oct 2001, at 9:03, Gary Pool wrote about
Re: [thelist] Any PDF Pro's?????:

> > this one sounds like a perfect job for Pagemaker.

> Actually InDesign or Quark would be a better choice.

???
I was simply suggesting a DTP program, and the one I use was a
natural choice. But for a basic job like this even M$ Publisher would
probably be more than enough. Buying ID or Q to export a few
restaurant menus to PDF would be quite pricey, I'm afraid.

I will get InDy on my next pc upgrade, and after V2 comes out. Quark?
Great program, but PM served me fine for the last 8 years or so

ciao

Massimo

---

<tip type="exporting tables from Excel to HTML"
author="Massimo Mezzini">

If you don't have the time to clean up all the garbage that Excel
inserts in a page with the Save_as_HTML option, try these two tools.

a) xls2html (Excel add-on, PC only)
http://home.delfi.ee/aaleo/xls2html/

b)  Scott Blanksteen's Excel-to-HTML Converter (Ex4 macro, PC & Mac)
http://www.web100.com/~sib/excel-to-html.html

Both let you select some basic formatting options and create a
cleaner HTML to tweak and polish.

</tip>