[thelist] Yahoo "commercial" sites

noah noah at tookish.net
Mon Oct 29 20:35:49 CST 2001

I'm trying to submit a site that I did for an independent record label to
Yahoo, however I keep ending up in the "Yahoo! Commercial Directory," where
the only option I have for submitting a site is the US $299 "Yahoo!
Express" service.

I used to do a fair bit of site promotion, and I used to have no trouble
submitting commercial sites through the standard (i.e., free) submission
procedure -- the folks in question don't have $500 (Canadian) to spend on
this (and it probably wouldn't be worth their while even if they had the cash).

Does anyone know of any other options for poor sites that want to be listed
at Yahoo?

Thanks,
Noah