[thelist] Whitespace on site

Craig Saila crsaila at yahoo.ca
Tue Oct 30 11:50:14 CST 2001

Julia Frizzell wrote:

> Thoughts? Does this happen often? I don't always click on links from the
> main page of a site, but I always scroll down to the bottom (afraid I'll
> miss something, I guess). And wasted space just bugs the heck out of me.

Yeah I agree, 1000px is a lot of space, and I'd question the use of
stretching an image to that size (I'd personally do:
or multiple <br>s)

But leaving the white space in I think can be worth it (couldn't access
the site to see). It's often the only way to ensure that a anchor link
actual appears in the top of the window, and is common in FAQ lists and
such. Ascetically ugly, yes; more usable, probably.

Like to hear how others have dealt with the problem...

--
Cheers,

Craig Saila