[thelist] recommended hardware for Red Hat 7.1

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Oct 30 21:35:42 CST 2001

At 05:58 PM 10/30/2001, you wrote:
>In your experience, what would be the minimum machine you'd run RH7.1 on and
>be happy? This would be a 'learner' machine, not running powerful apps.
>Probably want to set up Apache from scratch on at least one (I've admin'd
>but never installed.)

Pentium, or Pentium II, with at least 32 MB of RAM. 2 GB Hard Drive. I have
a p-60 with 48 MB RAM running RH 7.x (Apache and mySQL) that I use for
testing. Works great. You won't need a "real" good monitor and just a basic
sVGA card with 1 MB of Memory on the card.

You can manage the whole machine via Telnet.
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys