[thelist] Can noone help then with ilayers and iframes

Seth Bienek seth at sethbienek.com
Wed Oct 31 10:53:14 CST 2001

Hi Paul,

A quick search of Google yielded this link:

"...they are quite different.  IFRAMES allow you to use all
the benefits of a frame, such as scrollbars, etc.  ILAYERS don't have
these features.  If you want to make ILAYER behave more like IFRAMES,
you'll have to script your own scrollbars and scrolling."
http://www.faqts.com/knowledge_base/view.phtml/aid/7042

It then goes on to give an example of a script to do what you are asking.

Paul, when a question goes unanswered on thelist, it's either because nobody has an answer for you off-hand, or the right person hasn't checked their email yet.  Generally questions are answered quickly, but quite often it takes longer than 5 hours.  I'd suggest checking other resources while you wait on a response here, as there are no guarantees your question will be answered here, much less in a timely manner.

Regards,

Seth