[thelist] Lindows?

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Thu Nov 1 09:40:29 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kathleen Heytink" <K_HEYTINK at winebow.com>
Subject: [thelist] Lindows?

> Since I would love to wean myself from dependence on M$ products, I was
> excited to hear that there might be an alternative operating system that
> would support my considerable investment in software.  According to their
> web site, the OS will run both Windows and Linux based software.  Have any
> of you heard anything about this?  Opinions?

Well its technically possible - using Linux, a nice desktop like KDE, and
WINE. However WINE is far from complete AFAIK. Whats needed is a Linux that
strikes the right balance between geek friendliness and hiding it all that
away from the average user - much like Win2K does at the moment.

Olly
- www.gnarly.f2s.com -