[thelist] Uploading a web site using Dreamweaver

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Nov 1 14:19:41 CST 2001

At 6:28 AM 11/1/1, Bob Boisvert wrote:
> For those of you who were involved in this thread and mentioned
> the problems with FTP from Dreamweaver, I thought I would let
> you know that I had no problem uploading a test page and it
> went very quickly.

That's true. It's just a connection. The online meme persists, however...
difficult to disprove a negative.

(There certainly are ways to fail to connect... the "Passive FTP" option is
probably the biggest hidden cause behind "can't connect" posts, but there
are definitely varied ways to get it to not work.)

At 6:30 AM 11/1/1, Matt wrote:
> do you guys know if Dreamweaver  4 actually checks the server
> and only uploads pages that have recently been updated?

It can... see docs on "Select Newer" or "Synchronize". (The "Select Newer"
lets you automatically select newer files on local or remote machines,
while the synching automatically transfers files back and forth.)

jd