[thelist] CFQuery sub search...

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Fri Nov 2 12:23:21 CST 2001

Susan,

Jeff's tip uses an array as an intermediate step to change:

1,5,10,12, ... 4845, 4849, 4960

into something like

1,5,10,12, ... 327, 329)
AND id IN (342, 347, 389, ..., 624, 626)
AND id IN (4679, 4690, 4845, 4849, 4960

This transformation is important because you stuff it back into the new
query, placing the new listing inside the parenthesis of the following:

SELECT [whatever]
FROM [whereever]
WHERE [however_criteria]
AND id IN (...)

What this effectively does is cause the query to use the new parameters
(which appear before this new IN clause) but only look at the PK's
identified in the list, which should be the complete set of PK's from the
previous search.

Does this answer your concern?

-joshua