[thelist] Fighting with XML, XSL....

Nicole Parrot nicole at parrot.ca
Sat Nov 3 07:49:57 CST 2001

Hi evolters...

I've decided to do my latest project based on XML, for the experience. The
client doesn't care either way, as long as I deliver something.  I've toyed
with XML a little while ago (I even remember answering a few questions here
at the time :)   ) but now I'm lost.
My XML file is now properly generated, although the accompanying DTD is not
done. It's a listing of companies, with contact info, and addresses.

I'm trying to generate the appropriate html pages from that, using VBScript.
My Web server is IIS 5.1, the version that comes with Windows XP
Professional.  I'm going with a script found on MSDN, and guess what, the
script doesn't work...  The script can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q301/3/94.asp?SD=MSDN&FR=0

And this is the error I am getting using IE: (I have a straight copy/paste
of the example in the above URL). Anyone here has a clue???

    Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported. Error
processing resource
'http://localhost/atoz/TransformXml.asp?xml=Books.xml&xsl=Books.xsl'. Line
1, Position 40

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>Beginning XMLJohnMastering XMLPeter

Thanks for any help thrown my way...

<Nicole />