[thelist] JS mouseover problem

Lauri Vain lauri_lists at tharapita.com
Mon Nov 5 15:59:12 CST 2001

Hi all,

Bill wrote:
> time delay idea is the only way to do what you
> want to do the way things are set up right now.

On the other hand it would be sorta lame in some aspects.
When I set the time delay to 1000 (that is 1 sec) then the user would experience
the delay in all cases. Even when s/he decides not to hover above any other
link. So basically the flickering will be eliminated but the user experience may
seem somewhat slow due to the fact that the one sec delay would always be
introduced.

Peter wrote:
> a {display:block; height: 20px}
> this will remove the space between them and cause the
> mouseout from link 1 to be immediatly followed by
> mouseover of link 2.

On which platforms/browsers does it work? Not many browsers handle CSS
flawlessly.

p.s.  Sorry for the typos in the last post :(

Yours,
Lauri