[thelist] Apache & CGI

George Dillon <> Evolt! evolt at georgedillon.com
Mon Nov 5 20:25:48 CST 2001

> From: "Daniel J. Cody"
> ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "f:\www\mydomain.com\cgi-bin\"
> That should get you what you want :)
> Shout if it doesn't..

It do, but can I shout anyway... AAARRGGH!

I can now execute scripts in that cgi-bin, but I can't get them to reference
anything useful.

I've already posted the code that's bugging me, (and djc - I plugged your
bad bots article in the appended tip see 'Apache + ActivePerl CGI not
working locally etc.') I can run simple CGIs (I can happily print %ENV e.g.)
but I can't run any commands or read/write to files.

Can't even get the date!

I've been scouring all sorts of help docs and FAQs, but I do find the Apache
docs are written from the POV of someone who already knows all the answers,
and I don't get it.

Is my problem one of permissions, paths, modules, syntax or plain stupidity
or what?

TIA

George