[thelist] Tip Time

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Tue Nov 6 03:43:26 CST 2001

Rob,
	not been able to figure out how to change the colours of the borders
either - the only way ive been able to change the look and feel of drop
downs are by making them in dhtml - but i find it more hassle than its
worth - changing the font colour and background colour gives a nice effect -
just waiting for CSS to let you have full control over scrollbar colours,
the highlight colour etc..

cheers

paul

an old tip - but as we're on the subject

<tip type="dropdown menu">
To colour each individual item in a dropdown menu try this:

<select>
<option style="background-color: rgb(252,205,208);">heres one</option>
<option style="background-color: rgb(252,205,208);">heres another
one</option>
<option style="background-color: rgb(252,205,208);">and another one</option>
</select>

to have the same colour through out the dropdown menu try:

<select style="background-color: rgb(153,153,102);">
<option>1</option>
<option>2</option>
<option>3</option>
</select>