[thelist] looking for a good book on CSS

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Tue Nov 6 08:48:39 CST 2001

I personally rate the O'Reilly CSS book, which has great info on the basic
principles. It's a little lacking on CSS2 as it hasn't yet been updated, but
I think that once the basics are under the belt it's much easier to get to
grips with the more advanced stuff.

As far as web resources, I never tire of recommending www.richinstyle.com
which has helped me time and time again.

Personally I got into styles by deciding to do a version of my personal site
completely using HTML 4 and styles - with no tables in the layout! Lots of
fun! I used mostly web-based resources and only picked up the O'Reilly book
after I was almost finished. Richinstyle was my main guide along with
examining other people's stylesheets that I liked.

Good luck!

.steve'

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net