[thelist] Problem w/ Multiple Buttons on Page

jay.blanchard at thermon.com jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Wed Nov 7 07:32:16 CST 2001

Good Morning,

I wanted to use multiple buttons on a form page, but now I have found a
problem with doing so. The form submits info to a database, within the form
are two buttons;

<input type="button" value="Foo" onClick="imagePopup('image.asp','600','100')">
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">

Both of these work fine.

I have another form to popup a help window which just contains a button;

<form name="help"><input type="submit" name="help" value="Help"
onClick="helpPopup('help_feature.asp','380','400')"></form>

AAACK... see it now! The help button needs to be a button, not a submit. I
changed it and it worked.

This brings up what may be my cheapest tip to date, but since this has
happened more than a couple of times now....

<tip>Having a problem with some code? Start typing the problem out, as
above, or describing the problem in detail to a fellow coder. You will
often locate the problem due to the fact that you have to slow down enough
to actually describe and look at the code in a little different light than
your normal "staring-at-the-screen-too-hard" mode.</tip>

Jay Blanchard