[thelist] Sending html form results to fax machine?

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Nov 7 12:58:15 CST 2001

> > Can this be done?  We currently have a client who would
> like for users on
> > their web site to have the ability to fill out a simple
> HTML form and then
> > have the results be sent to the client's fax machine.
> >
> > I appreciate any feedback or "nudging into the right direction".

We (work) fax out stuff all the time, and the process goes like this:
convert from text to ps to group 3 tiff and then send. As far as the
software used, we use some custom scripting around some linux-based fax
software (the scripting takes care of retries, archiving, etc). I'm
sorry I don't know the low-level package name (Dan?), but that's the
hoops we go through....

hth (somewhat)
sgd