[thelist] design critique (yes, i'm a lamer, tell all your friends)

Tobyn Baugher trb at cartoonviolence.net
Wed Nov 7 16:35:07 CST 2001

I tried to read through and see if anyone said this or not before
posting, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyway, your URLS aren't at all
descriptive. I know this may seem like a nitpick, but as a user it's
much easier to remember domain.com/about for an about page than
domain.com/somethingthathasnothing?todowithit. A simple URL to the
information I want makes me more likely to file that information away
in the back of my brain. As a result, you get free advertising when
someone talks to me and is in need of a product and/or service you
offer, you also are more likely to get me back if I ever need something
you offer.

Of course, if you did that to discourage "deep linking," well, I hate
you :P.

Regards,
Tobyn

--