[thelist] Opinion and advice wanted

Olly Hodgson gnarly at punkass.com
Wed Nov 7 17:33:08 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Boisvert" <webdad at tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: [thelist] Opinion and advice wanted

> I'm actually looking for some advice on approaching the design now.  The
> page layout on this site I'm working on is going to be pretty much the
same
> on every page with exception to the content.
>
> The pages will have a masthead, a floating logo, and a 9 link text menu on
> the left. The page is using tables for both masthead and the text menu.
> There will be external links also.  Which would be correct, to set this up
> as CSS or a SSI for basic page layout, or is neither of these the right
> option.  My assumption is that viewers of the web site will either have
IE4
> or higher and Netscape 4 or higher.

IIRC you are using Dreamweaver/Ultradev, right?

Well why not create a template, and use the built in SSI and/or Library
functionality to include elements that will be the same on all pages (eg the
masthead, footer, etc).

Whether you use CSS is entirely up to you, although I would reccomend it as
a good way of keeping content styled consistently.

HTH,
Cheers,

Olly
- www.gnarly.f2s.com -