[thelist] design critique (or whatever you wanna do, really)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 18:34:04 CST 2001

> From: "Richard Bennett" <mail at richardinfo.com>
[...]
> Design-wise it looks really nice.

good to know...

> One major problem is I can't resize the text with my browsers
> settings, so I can't read it at all on my 1280*1024 monitor
> (especially the darkgray on nice contrasting lighter gray background)
> I have to drag it over to my 800*600 monitor to read it.

hmm... i used px in my CSS, but i guess i should spend more time
testing that... i really wish i could use a unit that works well without
looking silly for half of my users, though... oh how i dream about
em...

> Now my eyelids have finally stopped twitching after setting the
> monitor refreshrate to 85 , I don't want to strain them more than
> necessary :o)

guess you saw that thread a couple days ago, huh?

> I really like the way the code degrades to older browsers - IE4 works
> very well - NS4 is ok too. Maybe you could set the menubar linkcolor
> to white in NS4, as it now shows blue on black.

hmm, good point... knew it would happen, didn't think to address it
yet... probably will switch the bgcolor to CSS-only...