[thelist] What to do before I ask for a Site Check

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Wed Nov 7 19:18:57 CST 2001

> Any suggestions for checking my site before I ask for a site check?

It depends on what checks you're after. If you want specific browser checks,
ask for that, but surely try doing it yourself first. If you have IE5 and
can't go back, but need an IE4 check, fair enough. But if you want a Mozilla
check, you should download it yourself and look first hand.

If you're after a design critique, be sure to specify that, and also outline
your preferred type of response on a scale similar to the following:

 - Fluffy and dishonest
 - Casual and brief
 - Harsh and detailed

(Some people just want a pat on the back; others want to know everything
that may be wrong with their layout.)

Just keep in mind that a harsh critique is an honest critique. It's also
most effective if it's constructive.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au