[thelist] Win98 html page as background

Lachlan Cannon tiedefenderdelta6 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 8 01:12:26 CST 2001

Ok, my first message to the list, just been lurking in the
background for a few weeks (man this thing gets a lot of
traffic compared to the other lists I'm on).

Anyway, I just started using WIn98's option to use an html
page as the background, the only problem is when I put
links there to applications on the computer (instead of
using icons, this way I don't even have to worry about
unwanted icons being installed) internet explorer launches
then gives me the dialog box, asking whether I want to
download or run the app from where it is, unlike when I
just type the addresses in by hand for local files. I want
it to by default run the files, but only for this page, not
for ones on the web. any ideas for how to get it to do
this?

Thanks in advance, and if this is OT, I'll just have to owe
a tip.

Lachlan Cannon
{luminosity}