[thelist] Re: newbie and svg

george george at skyeviz.com
Thu Nov 8 04:40:19 CST 2001

--
yes i have been lurking around with more than a slight trepidation of
joining in  to this well educated and caring forum.  having said that
i am at last inspired by a designer here <apologies for dumping the
appropriate list> who sort of cleared the ground for newbies like me
to make their entrance.

for the past 9 odd months i have been attempting to create my own
websites both as a hobby and an exploration into how netzines with
disabilities can enjoy access as much as us all to the vast wealth of
information and fun readily available.

this has been made much easier with the use of probably the worlds
best web design programme available for mac users - Freeway.   very
suitable for someone like myself who does not see the world as code.
and a very powerful tool in creating dynamic interactive designer
projects.  ok it is a wusiwug design programme and fits perfectly
into the mac 'think differently' concept of what we can achieve.   in
fact it is brilliant!  and i am not getting payed to plug this.

and now that svg has been acreditated the 'official' recognition from
the powers that be of web standardization - namely w3.org - i am at
last using freeway to help me create a platform for visually impaired
netzines.

the test results can be seen at my http://skyeviz.com/svg.html which
i hope you will enjoy.

perhaps you can give my other projects a look over and would
welcomely appreciate your critique which will be of great value to me.

now that feels better:-)

~george~
http://skyeviz.com
http://georgelennox.com