[thelist] Validating CSS

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:17:37 CST 2001

Hey :

  Had a similar issue when I was trying to validate my site. Here is the
solution(s) :

1. Change your CSS tag to this :
   <LINK href="myfile.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

2. Add this META tag :
   <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

   Of course, you can change the charset if you wish.

Both these tags need to be withing the <head> tags, although I suspect you
know that already.

If you use, javascript, or any other script, it is advised to add this meta
tag as well :

<META http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/html">

In addition, to verify as HTML, you have to have the type="" attribute in
your <script> tags. set it to "text/html" as in :
<script language="Javascript" type="text/html">

Hope this helps,
Burhan Khalid