[thelist] W3C Validator no longer "validating" page - UPDATE

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Fri Nov 9 03:16:15 CST 2001

Well, I shot off my "help" message a wee bit too soon. I don't know if it was 'cause I was browsing using NN4.7 ... or the strange looking snippet of code I found on the page I was checking out. But, instead of reaching the W3C validator via the graphic I placed on the Client's page (which generated that confusing message), I then brought up the page directly from the W3C validator itself via the browser. And, this time, all was as ever; it validated with no bizarre message this time. So, I copied the code snippet from that page and replaced the snippet on the Client's site. When looking closely at the "old" code, it was full of percentage signs and stuff. Must have gotten garbled somehow, perhaps because of recently changing from FP98 extensions to 2000? Don't know!

Sorry for the bandwidth! (<8

sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com