[thelist] http download problems

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Nov 9 16:26:52 CST 2001

I want my user to be able to download a file from a web page. I don't
have access to FTP, and so use http. I don't want spreadsheets, gifs
and pdfs or executables to be displayed in, or launched by the
browser, I want them to download. I can't control the user's
preferences. Suggestions? Thanks!
--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com