Backing up Registry ... was Re: [thelist] Win98 html page as background

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Fri Nov 9 18:43:28 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Madhu Menon" <webguru at vsnl.net>

| May I recommend you download an excellent utility called Regcleaner and
| have it run a "clean" cycle on your registry. (It's in Tools > Registry
| Cleanup > Do them all.)
| I'm sure you will weed out LOTS of crap that has been accumulating over
| time as programs didn't uninstall properly, etc. Trust me. It's like
| cleaning out the attic.
|
| Download it here:
| http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/RegCleaner.exe

Downloaded it ... but

| Oh, and do backup your registry first, just in case ;)

How does one go about backing up the registry?   Win98 here (1st. ed.).
Help shows two options:
To have ARCserv agent back up your registry.
To have Backup Exec Agent back up your registry.

Are either of these the option?  They seem to be more for if you are
reinstalling windows.

Rather be safe than sorry... hehehe

Michele
(P.S.  I gave a free tip this morning .. hehehe)