[thelist] CSS

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 14:37:56 CST 2001

I think displaying alt text as a tool tip is 'handy' as it can provide a
description of an element.

Think of a news related site, an image relating to a story would have a
description of the image in the alt attribute of the img element. Having
that info pop up as a tool tip is not *necessary* (probably because any good
news site would caption their imagery anyway) but I like it. It am nice.

But I think you are right about the specs tho, at least as far which
attribute deserves precedence in 'tool-tipping' (like cow tipping?).

However, even if not up to spec...displaying alt-text as a tool-tip is
useful, or at least potentially useful to anyone browsing, regardless of
whether they are browsing in a text only form or not.

--
Michael Barrett
-O^O-

mbarrett at triad.rr.com