[thelist] designer's rights

the head lemur headlemur at clearskymail.com
Wed Nov 14 08:39:18 CST 2001

> 1: Does he really have the right to ask me not to reference his
trademarked
> name in my portfolio (which incidentally isn't finished and only
accessible
> from an SE,- damn the power of google!) Remember- no trademarked imagery
is
> used only a text reference.

He has the right to ask.....

> 2: He still owes me $675.00.

the work you did under this invoice is still yours.

even under 'work for hire' arrangements without the money he has no claim to
your work.

you have the option of suing him if he is using your work for promotional
use.
This IS copyright infringement. It is still Your property until he pays the
bill.

the head lemur
Web Standards
http://www.webstandards.org