[thelist] Mozilla Validation "Qirks-Mode"

Bradee Haskins b at bradee.com
Wed Nov 14 13:03:42 CST 2001

My appologies if this has been covered, I couldn't find it in the archive
though...

Mozilla, build 0.9.5.

I have a number of pages that validate as html 4.01 transitional.
The display in standards, and look lovely in ie 6.0 and netscape 6.1.

In mozilla, it looks like they are displaying in quirks mode. I am aware
of, and have confirmed that I am uising the correct doctype declaration:

"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

I can't post a link due to firewall stuff, and the site isn't live yet, so
I am hoping that someone has heard of some major hangups that could trip
mozilla that don't trip ie 6.0 and netscape 6.1 (wierd). Or, is there a
way to confirm that mozilla has entered into quirks mode?

Thanks in advance,

-b