[thelist] CF server 5 licensing terms and conditions

Kevin Raleigh krr at ix.netcom.com
Thu Nov 15 16:44:56 CST 2001

This document came with my download of the Coldfusion Studio 5 - UltraDev 4
bundled package.
It's info differ's somewhat from what was discussed previously about the
terms and conditions of the Coldfusion Server 5 license.

Installation Instructions for ColdFusion Server 5, Single User Version
Cf5server_readme.txt

Included with your purchase of ColdFusion Studio 5 is a license to use the
ColdFusion Server Single-User Version for purposes of development and
testing.  To install and use ColdFusion Server Single User Version:

Step 1:
You will need to first install the standard ColdFusion Server 5 kit:
C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Vbox\Installers\Macromedia_1_71_Coldfusion_Server_69_71_5\coldfusion-5
0-win-us.exe

Step 2:
Following the successful installation of ColdFusion Server 5 you will need
to run the ColdFusion Server 5 "Single User Activation Kit":
C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Vbox\Installers\Macromedia_1_71_Coldfusion_Server_69_71_5\coldfusion-5
0-activate-single-user.exe

The successful installation of this kit will activate your non-expiring,
ColdFusion Server 5 Single User license.  For the first 30 days following
the installation, ColdFusion Server will operate as a full power evaluation
server.  At the end of 30 days, the server will operate as the Single User
Version allowing only a single IP address to access ColdFusion pages on the
server.

NOTE: There are certainly more detailed conditions listed with the license
for Coldfusion Server and this post is only supposed to add insight into
questions that I came across earlier. I am no authority!

Kevin