[thelist] PMS to Hexidecimal for FREE?

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 08:26:45 CST 2001

> From: "Michael McGlynn" <mcglynn at flash.net>
>
> i am doing some branding work and need to provide PMS color
> equivalents for hex colors. Do I want to spend 100 beans on the
> appropriate PMS book? No. I already have the 3 print books, so all I
> need is matching hex numbers?

you have a couple options... Photoshop, for example, has a
Pantone guide in it, which allows you to select PMS colors and
eyedrop the CMYK equivs, which you then convert to RGB (and
then hex)... i believe FreeHand and Illustrator can do this as well...

or you can post the PMS colors, i can pull out my Pantone book
and tell you the CMYK colors to which they map, and then you can
do the rest of the conversion on your own...