[thelist] NS 4.x/CSS margin and background-color problems

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Fri Nov 16 15:15:52 CST 2001

Rob wrote:

>These two classes get flagged by the W3C validator due to their lack
>of the 'background-color' attribute.

In light of what's been said here, I'd say don't sweat the validator.

As I recall, "no background-color with your color" is just a warning,
not an error.

Same with the body margins.  If they are important to keep intact in
NN4, use the attribute & ignore the angry cries of the validator.

The other choice is to put it in the stylesheet & just accept that
NN4 won't see it.  Your markup will be valid, your site will look
different on different platforms.

It's a choice.

Erika