[thelist] Quote marks displaying strangely in NN4.7

sfmalo sfmalo at msn.com
Sun Nov 18 06:10:17 CST 2001

Matt -

Thanks **so** much. Very interesting link. Most informative. Just what the doctor ordered.

I'm now using “ and ” for the open and close quotes, and NN4.7 is happy once more. Me too! These are really what quotes are supposed to look like! Also found ’ for the apostrophe.

Sharon(<8

> > I originally used &#147; and &#148; which worked fine in IE and
> > Netscape browsers but does not validate. Switched to &quot; but that
> > didn't display correctly so I'm now using the ANSI character for " .
>
> http://www.alistapart.com/stories/emen/
>
> Matt
>

> --
>    Matt Patterson | Typographer
>    <matt at reprocessed.org> | http://reprocessed.org/
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com