[thelist] german web terminology

iris laren4 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 21 11:16:35 CST 2001

i know there are some germans on this list.  i need
your help.  you can reply in german / off-list.

i'm having trouble with german web terminology.  i'm
beginning to suspect that 'Domain' refers to a whole
website rather than a domain name.  and what on earth
is 'KonnektivitaetsKoordination (KK)'?

background:
i'm trying to find a german registrar to transfer a
.de domain to that i already own but that was
registered for my family through the original host for
their site.  i'll be hosting their site on my reseller
account from now on and need a german provider to
handle the name server entries (don't seem to be able
to transfer the domain to a non-german registrar).
that's all.  don't want hosting, email, url
re-direction or anything like that.

could someone tell me what domain name management is
called in german?

vielen dank
tschuess
iris

p.s. the bureaucracy necessary for this is doing my
head in.

=====